WELCOME TO ITDC
ITDC AT A GLANCE
ITDC came into existence in October 1966 and has been the prime mover in the progressive development, promotion and expansion of tourism in the country. Broadly, the main objectives of the Corporation are:
- To construct, take over and manage existing hotels and market hotels, Beach Resorts, Traveller’s Lodges/Restaurants;
- To provide transport, entertainment, shopping and conventional services;
- To produce, distribute, tourist publicity material;
- To render consultancy-cum-managerial services in India and abroad;
- To carry on the business as Full-Fledged Money Changers (FFMC), restricted money changers etc;
- To provide innovating, dependable and value for money solutions to the needs of tourism development and engineering industry including providing consultancy and project implementation.
The authorized capital of the Corporation is Rs 150 crores and the paid up capital as on 31.03.2022 is Rs 85.77 crores. The share holding pattern as on 31.03.2022 is as under :
- Government of India 87.03%
- Indian Hotels Ltd. 7.87%
- Banks & Financial Institutions 2.69%
- Other Bodies Corporate 0.11%
- General Public,Employees etc. 2.30%
The Corporation is running hotels, restaurants at various places for tourists, besides providing transport facilities. In addition, the Corporation is engaged in production, distribution and sale of tourist publicity literature and providing entertainment and duty free shopping facilities to the tourists. The Corporation has diversified into new avenues/innovative services like Full-Fledged Money Changer (FFMC) services, engineering related consultancy services etc. The Ashok Institute of Hospitality & Tourism Management of the Corporation imparts training and education in the field of tourism and hospitality.
Presently, ITDC has a network of three Ashok Group of Hotels, one Joint Venture Hotel, 1 Restaurant, 5 ATT Units, 15 Duty Free Shops at Sea ports and one Sound & Light Show.
Besides, ITDC is also managing catering services at Western Court, Vigyan Bhawan, Hyderabad House and Parliament House.
To reinvent itself in the changing scenario, ITDC besides consolidating its remaining business area, diversified into new service-oriented business activities like consultancy and execution of tourism and engineering projects, training/education in the tourism and hospitality sectors, event management and mounting of Sound & Light Shows.